Monday, July 8, 2013

Digital Communications: Mission Statement and Topic Ideas

I chose this platform because it seemed very simple to use and I could get used to it very quickly. Since this is my first post I wanted to keep the font very simple with the platform's default settings. I will experiment with designs and fonts in the future. 

MISSION STATEMENT: By taking digital communications, I hope to achieve a much more in depth understanding of the electronic world and how to use these tools in order to present the world of sports thoroughly.

I'm really not quite too sure what I want to do with my Communications Degree from Furman. I would love to do something with sports if I cannot pursue playing soccer professionally. I would love to work within a sports organization or franchise and do sports marketing or maybe even broadcasting of some sort. Throughout this semester I would like to explore sports through digital media.

  1. Since I am on the soccer team at Furman and many of the guys from the team are here going to school and training I would like to document summer preparation leading up to preseason in August. I could also document the transition from high school to college life for the five freshmen that moved into their apartments on July 7th.
  2. The athletic trainers are on campus this summer in the sports medicine facility. I could document their daily duties while learning more about their profession. I know that there are many sports camps on campus and that the trainers have to be on call at any moment. 
  3. All three of the coaches from the men's soccer team are on campus this summer working in their offices. I could document the daily duties of a division one collegiate soccer coach. These duties would include recruiting, keeping up with current players who are at home or working over the summer, and also keeping track of players who are taking summer classes on campus and working out before preseason in August.

No comments:

Post a Comment