Monday, July 22, 2013

Furman Soccer Pre Preseason Slideshow



I wanted to arrange my photos very specifically. I wanted to not just include picture of the team playing. I also wanted to incorporate what we do in our off time during the summer or the pre preseason. So I arranged the pictures with soccer in the beginning, middle, and end with what we do in our off time in between.


1. Goal Mouth: I heightened the exposure, the hue, the midtones and highlights in the Quick Panel to give the photo an authentic but very green feel. Taken with an iPhone 4.



2. Eli Header: I didn't edit this picture at all. Taken with an iPhone 4.



3. Goalkeepers Passing: I didn't edit this picture at all. Taken with an iPhone 4.



4. Coaching Campers: I didn't edit this picture at all. Taken with a Canon PowerShot A470.



5. Kid Sitting on Ball: I increased the SmartFix option to 25 and increased the midtones to 25 and the highlights to 12. I also increased the saturation to 50 and the tint to 25. I sharpened the picture as well to 125. I wanted this picture to pop with color because soccer camp is supposed to be fun and bright colors signify fun. Taken with a Canon PowerShow A470.



6. Hungry Camper: I didn't edit this picture because I wanted to leave the inflatable field in the picture with the boy not centered. Taken with a Canon PowerShot A470.



7. Soccer Ball Pyramid: I increased every option in the Levels tab including shadows, midtones, and highlights. I didn't touch the saturation or hue but I increased the vibrance to 50. I wanted this picture to pop due to the bright colors. I sharpened the picture to really get the detailing on the balls. Taken with a Canon PowerShot A470.



8 and 9. Bobby Warped Ball: I decided to post the before and after of this picture. I was amazed when I saw the ball on my camera after I took this picture. Firstly, I cropped the photo but left a little extra room on the left so that Bobby wasn't centered. Next, I only increased the saturation and vibrance (both to 25). Surprisingly taken by an iPhone 4.




10 and 11. Marco Scissor Kick: This was my favorite picture to edit out of the entire bunch. First, I increased the exposure to 1.0. Then I increased the shadows, midtones, and highlights. I didn't touch the saturation or hue but I did increase the vibrance to 25. I also sharpened the picture very lightly. I wanted this picture to come off as clear and vivid. Taken with an iPhone 4.




12. Adrian Neck Trap: I didn't edit this picture at all. Taken with an iPhone 4.



13. Dylan Bench Press: I increased the SmartFix feature to 37 without touching the exposure. I also didn't touch the shadows or midtones but increased the highlights to 67. I didn't touch any of the features dealing with color. Lastly, I cropped the photo to eliminate the uneven space on the right of the photo. There wasn't much to edit in this photo but I really wanted to brighten up the overall picture. Taken with an iPhone 4.



14. Adrian Squat Rack: I cropped the photo to trim out some unwanted area  of the Physical Activities Center. I increased the SmartFix feature to 12. I didn't touch the shadows, midtones, highlights, saturation, hue, or vibrance. I severely increased the sharpness of the photo to 375. I wanted to enhance the silver colors of the weight rack and mirror. Taken with an iPhone 4.



15. Ice Bath: I didn't touch anything in this photo except the vibrance which I increased and I decreased the temperature to 37 due to the fact that I wanted this photo to have a cool feel to it. I also had an uncontrollable beard in the original photo and the spot healing brush took care of that. Taken with a Canon PowerShot A470.



16 and 17. Adrian After Run: This was the first picture I edited in photoshop and I really think it turned out great. I increased the SmartFix to 12 without touching the exposure. I didn't adjust the shadows but I increased the midtones and highlights. I lowered the saturation to negative 50 and sharpened the photo to 125. I wanted the rain to stand out in the photo and I wanted the sweat to pop out on his hair and face. The sharpness really helped me do that. I wanted to lighten the photo but still have deep colors present. Taken with a Canon PowerShot A470.




18. Jacob Driving a Golf Ball: I cropped the photo to get rid of some of the extra forestry. I increased the SmartFix to 37 without touching the exposure. I didn't touch the levels, color, balance but I dramatically increased the sharpness. Taken with an iPhone 4.



19. Adrian and Martin at the Driving Range: I didn't edit this photo at all but I wanted to take it from that angle so that I could get Martin in the background. Taken with a Canon PowerShot A470.



20. and 21. Cleats Lined Up: Soccer players are known for their crazy hair and their wild cleats. I lined up the cleats from the players on the squad preparing for preseason. This was the only picture in the slideshow in which I edited in the 'Guided' tab within Photoshop. I wanted to really feature the details of the photo. I increased the brightness to 84 and increased the contrast to 87. I didn't touch the hue but I increased the saturation to 20. I raised the input level to 8 and didn't touch to output level. I increased the shadows to 18 and the highlights to 11 without touching to midtones. I sharpened the image to 60. Finally I added a black vignette with an intensity of 59 so that viewers would really focus on the cleats. Taken with a Canon PowerShot A470.




22. Sven and Trent Stretching: I didn't edit this photo at all. I thought it would be important to show how we take care of our bodies in the pre preseason. Taken with an iPhone 4.



23. Eli Juggling: I didn't edit this photo at all. Taken with an iPhone 4.



24. and 25. Sven Diving Save: I increased the SmartFix feature to 12 without touching the exposure. I didn't mess with the shadows and increased the midtones, highlights, and vibrance. This was one of the few pictures I adjusted the tint. I sharpened the image to 125 and deleted the cone from the original picture using the spot healing brush. Taken with an iPhone 4.





No comments:

Post a Comment